From: Kunde, Brian [mailto:brian_ku...@lecotc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 6:10 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] EU-DoC - list of applied standards with full title

I think this all begs the question, has anyone experienced any problems with
their EU DOC by not providing the Standard's Title? If so, what was the
objection and what was necessary to resolve it?

The official titles of directives and standards are often way too long and
often more confusing then descriptive.

We reference directives and standards on our EU DOC by their number and date
and follow it with a brief description and sometimes additional useful
information. Such as:

EN 61010-1:2010   Safety of Laboratory Equipment

Or

EN55011:2007+A2:2007            RF Emissions            Group 1, Class A

The directives requirements are, "a reference to the harmonized standards
used", so I would think as long as you provide enough information so it is
clear what the standards are you should be ok.

We think about what information our customers and others might want to see in
the DOC and include it if we can. The more descriptive we are the less
questions we get from the field, which saves us time and money.

We have used this approach for over 16 years and have not had any problems or
holdups, so far.

The Other Brian