All,

I have consulted with TC 72 (the authors of the EN 54 series) and they are well
aware of the problem. The long term goal is to update those parts with the
dated references but in the meantime I have the following quote from the
committee

"TC 72 works closely with the group of notified bodies SG07 and I am sure that,
where necessary, a common interpretative position could be produced and
published to ensure a consistent approach when testing fire detection and fire
alarm products."

Kind Regards

Kevin

By the by: An amendment to EN 50130-4:2011 is currently with the CENELEC
secretariat and is expected to go to vote in due course