While not specifically what was originally asked, I was able to locate some
data specifically on Product Safety rates of compliance.

Back in 2008 OSHA (where I was at the time and currently am employed)
published a Request for information  on Supplier's Declaration of
Conformity.  OSHA received 73 comments from the public, many of which
provided data to support their position (for or against SDoC).  You can
view the entire docket here
https://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=OSHA-2008-0032

I'll make a general statement to point out that critics on both sides of
this issue have questioned the data and its accuracy/independence/bias, so
with that, I will let you draw your own conclusions:

UL Study on the rate of compliance of Field evaluated products
https://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=OSHA-2008-0032-0073.  The
results are only for field evaluations (not full certifications), but they
found 81% with issues.  A large portion were deficient markings, but 20-30%
had potential fire or electric shock hazards.

American Council of Independent Laboratories (ACIL) found the rate of non
compliance to be between 47-51%, and for some products, as high as 80% non
compliance
https://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=OSHA-2008-0032-0037

Study by the European Commission on Luminaires that were available for sale
in the EU .
https://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=OSHA-2008-0032-0011
They tested 226 luminaires.  162 had 1 or more technical requirements fail.
 74 had severe deficiencies, 43 had moderate deficiencies.  11 (out of 226)
were fully compliant.  Page 17-18 of this report has a breakdown of the
violations

OSHA's summary and analysis of all of the data and comments are available
here https://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=OSHA-2008-0032-0099

Many other commenters provided data, most of it from memory was similar.
The above are just comments that I recall as specifically having data.

Kevin Robinson