EN 60204-1 for machinery defines PELV for itself and does not even use SELV.

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@woodjohn.uk]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 2:00 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Safe powering 12V doorlock

There is no definition of PELV because the definition of 'SELV circuit'
does not prohibit a connection to earth, as other definitions of SELV do. Also
see Note 2:

NOTE 2 This definition of an SELV CIRCUIT differs from the term "SELV system"
as used in IEC 61140.

John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk Rayleigh, Essex UK

Instructions:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to