According to

https://www.macromatic.com/blog/relays/what-are-pilot-duty-ratings-and-which-macromatic-products-have-them

“A pilot duty rating is a contact rating intended for contacts that control the
coil of another relay or contactor. These ratings are applicable when
controlling loads like relay coils, contactor coils, solenoids, and other
similar inductive loads. Contacts with a pilot duty rating have passed
standardized testing to prove they can reliably control a pilot duty load. The
highly inductive nature of pilot duty loads is hard on contacts; controlling
pilot duty loads using contacts not rated accordingly can cause premature
failure and improper contact operation.”

Since you are driving a contactor with a solid-state relay, there are no
physical contacts.  So, it seems to me, the solid-state relay need not have a
pilot duty rating.  But, the device must withstand the inductive kickback when
the circuit is opened.  The zener reduces the kickback.  But, there is no
outward sign when the zener fails open, so the solid-state relay must be
capable of withstanding the kickback.

UL only applies the standard.  UL folks seldom apply their engineering skills
to a certification as the EUT must comply with the standard.  Differing from
the standard requires review by at least one engineer or manager.  You must
build the case and show the UL folks how the EUT meets the “intent” of the
standard.

Good luck!

Rich