On 5/3/2011 8:39 AM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> I agree with Kim. In our EMC2 controlled machines we use programs posted for
> Haas, Fadal, Fanuc and Yasnac controls.
>
> It takes very little, if any, adjustment to use them in the EMC2 controls.
>

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Kim Kirwan<k...@kimkirwan.com>  wrote:
>
>> >  EMC2 gcode isn't too different from Fanuc, maybe you could
>> >  select Fanuc output as a test and see how it treats you?
>> >  I'll bet it wouldn't take much more fiddling beyond that.
>> >  Or maybe you can copy the existing Fanuc settings to new
>> >  EMC2 settings and then fiddle with them freely?
>> >
>> >  Kim

Gentle persons:

As a CNC amateur, my first inclination was that I have no dog in this
fight, but then I realized there's always the possibility that I'll get
hold of a CAD/CAM tool which knows only Haas, etc., or someone might
send me a gcode file in a commercial dialect.

I'm curious just how much fiddling/adjustment is required. Is it obvious
to someone not familiar with any of the commercial machining centers?

Perhaps someone could post a page on the wiki to summarize the major issues?

If the gcode- tinkering is straight forward, then emc2-preprocessing
scripts would seem appropriate, n'est-ce pas?

Regards,
Kent