there are gcode examples used for demos in the EMC2 install
compare them to the code generated by your post processor
you should need to (maybe) change a few of the G and M codes to allow the
EMC2 control to function properly
all the axis position numbers should work as they are

be aware that blaming the program will possibly keep you from finding the
real problem with why the machine will not move
a tool changer seems to be the most complicated area - if you don't have one
it will be simpler and easier
pay attention to the feedback messages on the EMC2 control screen
many times the work piece offset (g54,g55,g56...) will be the culprit
the tool table will be an area of interest also

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Kent A. Reed <knbr...@erols.com> wrote:

> On 5/3/2011 8:39 AM, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> > I agree with Kim. In our EMC2 controlled machines we use programs posted
> for
> > Haas, Fadal, Fanuc and Yasnac controls.
> >
> > It takes very little, if any, adjustment to use them in the EMC2
> controls.

> Gentle persons:
>
> As a CNC amateur, my first inclination was that I have no dog in this
> fight, but then I realized there's always the possibility that I'll get
> hold of a CAD/CAM tool which knows only Haas, etc., or someone might
> send me a gcode file in a commercial dialect.
>
> I'm curious just how much fiddling/adjustment is required. Is it obvious
> to someone not familiar with any of the commercial machining centers?
>
> Perhaps someone could post a page on the wiki to summarize the major
> issues?
>
> If the gcode- tinkering is straight forward, then emc2-preprocessing
> scripts would seem appropriate, n'est-ce pas?
>
> Regards,
> Kent

dos centavos