On 13.01.12 02:58, gene heskett wrote:
> On Friday, January 13, 2012 01:52:13 AM Erik Christiansen did opine:
> > As Rainer says, once the peculiarities of parts editing are sufficiently
> > mastered, it's fairly easy.
>
> And apparently that is my first requirement, the detector end in these slot
> interrupters has a pair of supply rail pins, and a ttl like logic level
> output, on a pin pattern circle .050" in radius.  Honeywell HOA2001's.

Curiosity is a curse. Not finding a macro for the HOA2001 amongst the
library downloads at Cadsoft, I've just downloaded a Honeywell
datasheet, and made a component macro, by whacking the existing SFH9340
one about a little bit.

It should plonk on grid now, so it's easy to eyeball that the pins are
where they should be. The mounting holes can really only be checked by
opening the library, and selecting the package. The datasheet here:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/H/O/A/2/HOA2001.shtml

shows the pins simply on a .050" rectilinear grid. Doh!, that's also a
circle .050" in radius, for the three of them.

I think I have the pinout right; the macro presents a top view, while
the datasheet views from below. The holes are 0.035433", and the HOA2001
pins are 0.02". (That leaves 0.0154", which hopefully should do.)

I'll cc you, in case the small attachment won't slip through on list.

Hope it works, but if anything looks crook, just cooee.

Erik

--
I can only reply that I arrived at it by experimenting until I found
something that works, and then stopping.    - Rick Moen, on luv-main