On 01/30/2012 11:35 PM, gene heskett wrote:
<snippage>
> Both machines have now been rebooted, it seems you can't reboot just one
> end of an NFS link as the un-rebooted end of it will lock solid, needs a
> reset button push to reboot within about 10 minutes.  But that is
> secondary.  Faint memories remind me that it happened several times before
> &  may be one of the reasons I didn't really want to use nfs.  But it
> otherwise is working well for the usage I need.

Gene, NFS really shouldn't be doing that.  Sounds like the client side
is hanging when it can't complete any I/O to the NFS mounted disk.  What
I'd do in that case is run the NFS server on your pclos machine, and the
client on your Ubuntu box.  If you reboot your Ubuntu box to clear a
LinuxCNC (gawd, it's hard not to type EMC2...) problem, the NFS server
shouldn't freeze up, since it only lost the client connection.  When the
Ubuntu machine comes back up, it'll just NFS mount the disk on the pclos
machine.  That should cure the lock problem.

<snippage>

> Cheers&  thanks Kent, Gene.

Cheers,
Mark