Hi Dave,

I finally got around to trying out the manual tool change file
you put in the wiki. Sorry to say I'm not having much luck with it.
Now, EMC2 will not start up. An error box appears with references
to the hal_manualtoolchange file.

The first time it happened, the error log referenced an error in a string
literal on line 53.
I was able to fix this by putting the back-slashes in there proper place at the
end of the lines.
Somehow, they got moved around in the file you uploaded.

Then I tried running EMC2 again. Now it's showing errors on lines 12 and 65.
Here are the errors:
Debug file information:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/hal_manualtoolchange", line 12, in <module>
iniFile.find("EMC", "NML_FILE"))
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 65, in join
if b.startswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
New_Sherline_Mill.hal:93: hal_manualtoolchange exited without becoming ready

I hope someone can figure out why it's not working, because it
sounds like a very useful enhancement to EMC2. I'm not familiar with
HAL or Python, or else I would have a go at it.

Thanks,
Tony