2012/3/18 Tony Zampini <zampi...@cox.net>:
> Steve,
>
> Interesting! Can I upgrade from 2.4.3 to 2.4.6 if I originally installed
> from the LiveCD (10.04)? I currently see a bunch of potential updates
> appear in the Update Manager window when I start my system, but
> I was afraid to install them. If I do install them, will that get me up to
> 2.4.6?

As it has been discussed recently, You can safely install all the
updates, _except_ kernel updates, so basically it is safe to accept
everything, that is not a new kernel...
OTOH it makes sense not to update anything, if the system is working
correctly. There is a saying not to fix things that already are
working fine.
Yes, You should have also LinuxCNC updates available as well.
Actually, You can select and install only LinuxCNC updates.
Especially, if the net connection is as fast as mine - full update on
a fresh Lucid install takes several hours. That is one more reason,
why I do not update anything, if the system is working correctly.

Viesturs