On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 20:09 +1100, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 21.03.12 10:27, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> >
> > "where" might have been a left over accent from Saint Patrick's Day.
>
> Please accept my apologies for the pedantry. (One possible compensation
> is that a little bit of obsessive-compulsive focus is good for making
> progress on a software project.)

I try not to make comments on others spelling and grammar because I'm
not really very good with these myself, but I consider language a
foundation skill that needs to be well maintained and preserved, so I
don't mind being corrected at all. Lax use of language starts to dilute
its utility, making it harder to use and less accurate, eventually
becoming useless, along with everything else that depends on it.

> > Since, at touch off tool change periods, we are between separate part
> > files, the operator can do whatever is normally done to set up a job,
> > such as jog to the workpiece, pull out a favorite dowel pin and finely
> > jog for a proper slip fit between the bit and workpiece, enter in the
> > proper offset, repeat for each axis and finish with clicking "Resume"
> > but actually starting a new run.

I still need to check on what is available from GladeVCP (just
installing it may be an ordeal) and outline the manual process.

Gene, I brought your name up because you have documented your exploits
fairly well. I don't really regret your, or any one's, use of O-words, I
regret the complexity that comes with it, and I sometimes vent that
regret.
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html