2013/1/20 Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>

> Thank You, guys, for the answers!
>
> 2013/1/20 Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com>:
> > All my cars have, and all my former cars had, electrical heaters. You
> don't
> > need a pump.
> > There are universal models that sits in the cooler hose that works
> > flawlessly.
>
> Well, there has to be something that makes the fluid to circulate.
> Either it is a pump, which allows to place the heater anywhere with
> respect to motor. Or let the fluid circulate naturally, based on the
> fact that warmer liquid has smaller density so it moves up... But this
> approach requires to position the heater carefully with the motor
> block. It will not just work anywhere...
>
> I suspect that Your electrical heating units have a pump already built
> in...

No, THERE IS NO EXTRA PUMP. Ever.

I have a brand new Toyota with a block heater. Guess what?
T.h.e.r.e. .i.s. .n.o. .p.u.m.p.

Heat transports itself, either via the water or the engine block. If I
leave the heater on the wind shield starts to defrost. Why? Because hot
water moves. And no, there's no pump. ;)

/S