Gene,
I have a machine with a similar setup, treadmill motor, screwed on
flywheel.  I screwed the flywheel on snug, drilled a #6 hole .75 inch
deep parallel to the axis of the shaft but on the pitch line of the
two threads, tapped it 1/4-20 and screwed in a 5/8 inch long 1/4-20
socket head set screw.

This creates a removable key.  I've seen this method used on guns a
lot to keep screws from backing out.

You could of course drill the hole and instead of tapping it, remove
the flywheel and use the drilled hole as a guide for a keyway and
insert a key from the end of the shaft.  Be sure to leave enough
sticking out to get a grip in order to remove it.....But I don't like
the idea of a little steel weedwhacker spinning at 6 grand (invisible)...

I try to never "fix" something in such a way that I can't "unfix" it
when I discover a better way. (or discover that my original fix was
just stupid)

Cecil