I have a stepper based mill that I have reconfigured to use a Gecko G540.

Stepper motors rated 3A, with the G540 resistor setup, I'm using a 2.2k
resistor, giving 2.2A. Power supply is 43v. (48 v switcher, tuned down to
43v because that's the voltage the G540 docs say to use with the inductance
of these motors)

It can run all day back and forth, always hitting "0", at speeds like up to
1,000 MM/min, and faster.

When I try 5mm/min, the machine is fine. 2mm/min and it's fine, too, but at
about 1mm/min, the machine misses steps. Or, will not step at all.

I have the system apart, and have the ability to tweak the G540 trim pots,
and no matter what I do, I can't get the machine to step at about 2mm/min
or slower.

Should I be able to? I assume so - otherwise arcs and other slight angles
would not be CNC machinable.

Help/comments/guidance requested.

John A. Stewart.