Hi everybody,

My name is Paul Lacatus and I am quite new on this list. I am using
LinuxCNC for a few months on my Proxxon MF70 converted to CNC. Up to
this moment I am using an old Pentium 1GHz for this job as standalone
computer.  . Right not the computer is bigger than the mill and on the
work table the computer is occupying more then 70% with a display and
keyboard.

I have read something about the implementation of LinuxCNC on BeagleBone
Black.  I have available a BeagleBone white  ( 720 MHz 256 MB ram) . My
questions now :

1. Is this card strong enough for running LinuxCNC headless ? Or should
I get a BeagleBone Black (1GHz / 512 MB ?
2. I need a display and keyboard near the Proxxon for setting and
control . If I am using BBW can I use a Raspberry Pi for  X11 server ?
In that case running Axis can be overkill for BBW  ( grafic acceleration
is in Raspi ) ?
3. If I have already the driver board controlled by LPT port of the
computer did I need and extra hardware of interfacing BeagleBone or a
simple logic level conversion is enough.

Paul