On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 16:51:06 -0600, you wrote:

>On 2/16/2014 4:03 PM, Steve Blackmore wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:11:13 -0600, you wrote:
>>
>>> With the recent release and general popularity of the ShapeOko V2
>>> desktop mini-mill, I have several folks who are trying to use LinuxCNC
>>> running on the BeagleBone as a control.  If you are unfamiliar with this
>>> machine, here's a link:
>>>
>>> https://www.inventables.com/technologies/desktop-cnc-mill-kit-shapeoko-2
>>
>> Cant help with the best way to run that with LinuxCNC, but I'd be
>> tempted to remove one stepper and run a cross shaft driving both belts
>> with possibly a bigger stepper motor.
>
>Sorry, but I don't consider changing the machine to fit the tool to be
>an acceptable solution.

Then your stuck with a known problematic design. I wish I had a pound
for each complaint/query/moan I've seen and heard about twin steppers on
a gantry machine.

Other fixes include servos or closed loop steppers but keeping both
sides in synch with software without any feedback is nigh on impossible.

Steve Blackmore