> It looks a lot better than it did, but I still can't tell what it is...

It's a heat treating machine for shafts, we'll be using it mostly on
camshafts. The part it's holded between centers and the coil and shower
move up and down to heat a certain place of the part. In our case, it's
going to be used for the lobes of the cam.

It's good to have a worm and gear reduction, because the coils for the
lobes with more lift are better if they have the shape of the lobe, to heat
more uniformly the lobe. For thar we need to rotate the camshaft a certain
amount of degrees depending on the lobe to heat.

Here some other pics. There you can see the reduction and the shower and
where the coil is going to be plugged.

http://postimg.org/image/th21yguw5/

http://postimg.org/image/4mik4ea1x/

--