On 1/25/2016 6:28 AM, Peter Blodow wrote:
> Erik,
> better let's be it as it is with metric thread values. If you are
> selling things over here containing non-DIN/ISO threads (and other
> things), you will be liable for all damage that could occur with them in
> ordinary use and you will have to prove that your threads are just as
> good as DIN/ISO, which isn't easy and not cheap either. You participate
> in a call for tenders, the first thing you have to sign is that you will
> keep all existing DIN/ISO norms and standards.

I'd like to know that the standard is to get threads that are FTTL or
Finger Tight Tool Loose. ;)

Every mechanic has run into the situation where a nut or bolt fits just
tight enough that it's impossible to unscrew with fingers but even the
highest quality, freest ratcheting ratchet will just wiggle the fastener
back and forth without ratcheting.

So you either have to somehow get a finger on something to provide
enough drag to force the ratchet to do its job, or you're stuck
constantly swapping and flipping two different open end wrenches because
the #^#%^# people who designed the thing only allowed enough room for a
tool to swing 5.6 degrees, and the fit is that tight all the way up 3
inches of thread.

---