On 01/30/2016 11:03 AM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> What are people here using to create G-code?   I am looking for options.

I have an old version of Bobcad/CAM, but it is cumbersome to
use, so I rarely use it.
Instead, I have written a bunch of c programs that write
efficient G-code for the types of things I frequently do.
These include milling out holes and rectangular shapes in
panels.  I have variants that do a real pocket with a flat
bottom, and "trepanning" routines that mill a cutout
slightly undersize, allow the slug to drop out and then
finish the cutout to final dimensions.

You just enter a few numbers for position and size of the
feature, tool size, feedrates and depth, and it writes the
G-code.  Then, I string a bunch of these together with a
text editor, and there it is.

I have a few of these programs listed, with source code
downloads at :
http://pico-systems.com/gcode.html

Jon