On Thursday 15 September 2016 21:06:17 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 15 September 2016 10:44:08 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 September 2016 06:57:27 andy pugh wrote:

> > > You can't net parameters. You can only net pins.
> > > http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/oneshot.9.html
> > > Tells you which are which.
> >
> > Ok, then as soon as the coffee and my morning pills have kicked in,
> > I'll go carve a bit on the hal file for TLM.
>
> Looking at the lut5 modules man page, where it claims all kinds of
> functions can be performed, I am not grokking what it says.  And the
> link to lut5.py isn't helping as it gives me the exact same answer,
> 0x2, regardless of what logic operator I put between the two input
> pins.  And what it says is not getting me what I want.  What I want is
> a true output for every input combo of 2 pins, based on
> motion.spindle-on but delayed a hundred milliseconds as an enable of
> its going false if the encoder output stops, indicated by frozen data
> for .2 seconds.
>
> That will stop the retrigger oneshot. So it will go true or false
> depending on the output wired in.
>
> The second input in-1, is fed from a timedelay module so that its
> output is a time-delayed version of motion.spindle-on, delayed by how
> long it takes the spindle to move past an edge of a slot plus a bit,
> perhaps 250 milliseconds from the time motion.spindle-on went true.
>
> The best I can get, for about an hours playing with halshowconfig, and
> setp is to get it to move the spindle about 10 degrees during the
> timedelay, and shut it down because the spindle did move.
>
> Thanks for any enlightenment that is not in the manpage.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I just had a better idea Andy. Use the onehot to make a
spindle-is-turning signal as now. Feed that into a mux2.in1

Use the timedelay to switch that mux2, feeding a logic one into in0, and
the spindle-is-turning into in1.

When the timedelay runs out, and spindle-is-turning is still false, bang
the motion.enable down with the 0 out of the mux2 until the timedelay
has been reset by motion.spindle-on going back false, putting the logic
1 back into motion.enable from the mux2.in0.

However, a mux2 carries digital values & may not like a setp in0 True,
and on looking thru what we have, maybe tristate_bit might be the better
choice, copying a logic 0 from spindle-is-turning when it isn't, to
motion.enable until the timedelay is reset by the machine being turned
off  I'll try that.  And I found tristate_bit is not tristated when
disabled. Testing now. Yup, its pulling motion.enable false when its
enable is false. So the machine cannot be turned on at all.

Thats a bug isn't it?

Unless you've an even better idea of course. Obviously this doesn't work.

Thanks Andy.