On 09/16/2016 09:58 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2016 08:58:53 andy pugh wrote:
>
>> On 16 September 2016 at 13:46, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> wrote:
>>> Ok, what I need is a true output for any input condition of i0 and
>>> i1 except i1 true and i0 false. function 0x2, the only answer that
>>> lut5.py gives you, doesn't do that.
>> That's function FFFFFFFB actually.
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_VlL39jUOPpS8Tt9mpRK-eaSTS6C6P
>> HBDoE3JitvLzs/edit#gid=0
> bookmarked. But where does it display the answer? I did try the 0xB but
> that didn't work. Machine on button was locked out IIRC. Where does the
> 7 F's in front of it that you show, come from?
A LUT5 has 5 inputs, all combinations define 32 possible
states of those inputs.  So, you have to define the output
behavior for all of those possible states.  In hex, 32 bits
takes 8 symbols.  F (hex)  = 1111 (binary).
The exact ordering of which bit refers to which input
combination is in the manual.

Jon