anyone suggest a better infra red detector than the AX-1838HS

as i see it's band pass is just about centered on 38Khz , and if i am
correct these probes are around 100 - 150Khz
so i'll need something better , iv'e not done much with Infra-red , so if
you parden the pun , i'm in the dark ! lol "

iv'e found a remote in the house that actually activates the probe , and
starts it . so thats something
close . but i'm wondering if just about any sender would do it , as it's
working on a carrier rather than code

On 23 September 2016 at 13:07, Ken Strauss <ken.stra...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Looking at the drawing that Sarah was kind enough to supply, the Renishaw
> MP10
> is about 5 inches plus the probe. That wouldn't be too bad to fit on my
> Tormach 770 which is a mid-sized hobby machine.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised
use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly
forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses
prior to leaving the RcTechnix network. RcTechnix will not be liable for
direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration
of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed on.

RcTechnix reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages being
sent to and from this address for the purposes of investigating or
detecting any unauthorised use of its system and ensuring effective
operation.

(c) RcTechnix