Gene,

I commented out the following variables:

[EMCMOT] section
 COMM_TIMEOUT = 1.0
 COMM_WAIT = 0.010

[TRAJ] section
 CYCLE_TIME = 0.010

Fired up the machine with the link on the desktop and didn't see any warnings
or anything through the axis gui.  Was able to jog all three axis of the
machine.  I didn't have time before leaving for work to do any more testing.
(After reading your response a second time, I see you also removed the
CYCLE_TIME for [EMCIO].  That was not one I was asking about because I found it
in the INI documentation. although I see your point.)

My setup is parport driven stepper system with configs created by stepconf
using the axis gui.  I launched the controller with the link that stepconf
placed on the destop.  Should I be starting it from command line to see the
error you have or something else?

John suggest I open an issue on this but want to make sure I am not including
something that I shouldn't or vice versa before I do.

Regards.

Joe Hildreth