Hello Eric,

I myself had EMI problems with the parallel port cable to the Mesa 7i43
on one machine once. They appeared after over 2y of regular day to day
operation of the machine and I had no idea why. Love and HF go
mysterious ways.

Anyway, I solved it first with roll of regular kitchen aluminium foil
into which I wrapped the parallel port cable and which I clamped indeed
very crudely to ground on one side. Later then I used copper foil and
soldered a connection to GND to shield the parallel port cable. I had no
problems since then.

Try to keep the parallel port cable as short as you possibly can.

BR
Max.