Peter,

I tried grounding several different ways. Made no difference. See if this is a
clue. I have one 7i43 for development, with the USB connector, the rest (-P)
use an external 5V supply. I plugged in the development board powered by USB.
The TRAM error no longer appears, but it does seem to stop communicating with
the 7i43. When this happens I lose lock and hold (using servos), and if running
at the time, get a following error. Cannot re-enable amplifiers without doing a
reboot.

Any ideas? I do have a new motherboard on order.

Thanks,
Eric