On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:20 PM, Marcus Bowman <
marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 8 Apr 2018, at 06:05, Chris Albertson wrote:
> >
> > Is there a Linux based tool chain?   The part I don't see is how to
> convert
> > Gerber files to g-code files.
>
> The video mentions CopperCAM, but the CopperCAM site says it takes in some
> Gerber files, but doesn't give enough details of the "output files".

CopperCAM seems to be Windows-only and a commercial product.    So far in
my asking around I've found two open source solutions.  Now I need to try
them pcb2gcode and FlatCAM.

Yu said "engraving tools" but a pointed tool must leave a bad surface
finish.  I'm guessing not having tried this yet

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California