Gene,

  Google "diy fog buster".  There are lots of homemade systems that do exactly what you want, for around a $50.00 bill.



---Mark

On 3/21/19 11:00 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 21 March 2019 07:31:44 TJoseph Powderly wrote:

a quick google reminded me why this was familair
try googling 'spray nozzle'
i got
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spray_nozzle
and it showed me that the flat surface exit made NO atomization
thats not what you want, sorry
The internal nozzle, delivering the liquid is a flat faced rod of about
1/8" (3.15mm) diameter, with perhaps a #66 drill hole for the fluid exit
in the center.  The covering and adjustable brass tip which can be
screwed in and out to control the clearance between the sharp shoulder
of the liquid jet, and the actual orifice the spray comes out of, is as
a first guess too large to generate the air velocity needed for a good
siphon effect. The siphon effect, to get a 6" lift for a fluid that is
very close to plain water, takes around 50 psig. At that psig, the joint
leakage air volume comeing out between the pieces that make up the
steerable hose far exceeds the amount of air actually exiting the nozzle
itself. The air conpresser will not long tolerate a continuous run as
its a direct drive design, needing much more cooldown time than run
time.

So what I'll try next is to pressurize the liquid container, and restrict
the liquid flow, which should give me relatively coarse, fog free
droplets at 10 psig. The problem would appear to be both the so-called
needle valve is not a true needle, and poor machining resulting in a far
from complete shut off.  But I've not removed the stem of this valve
yet, which also has a packing gland collar, for inspection and possible
modification.  So since the missus likes coke, (I, as a diabetic,
officially hate the stuff) and I keep a 6 pack of 8oz bottles for her
that she has probably forgotten I have, she gets to drink one because I
need the empty. :-)

So thats my next experiment.  Then I think I'll put some switches in my
gcode and move all the interfaces output connectors to the other side of
the box, leaving only the db25's.  Makeing two panels is looking more
and more appetizing.  And since the switches for home and limit are now
about 6 weeks since paypal paid for them, I sent the vendor a "where are
they" message this morning. I have a tracking number, but everytime I
click on it, the estimated delivery is pushed out another 2 weeks with
no other info.  Doesn't smell right from here.

Cheers, Gene Heskett



_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to