On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 at 22:48, Bruce Layne <linux...@thinkingdevices.com> wrote:

> If there was no FreeCAD, I'd use OpenSCAD long before I'd use Fusion
> 360.  Free Open Source Software for the win.

I admire your principles, and agree in theory.

But I already know Inventor and Fusion and know that they can do what
I need, and that I can make them do what I need.
From where I am now I just don't have that confidence in the FOSS
offerings to invest the time to learn them.

The CAM in Fusion is orders of magnitude better than the others I have
tried (PyCAM, MeshCAM, SheetCAM[1]) which adds to the lack of
enthusiasm to switch.

And, again, if I was paying money for CAD/CAM and making money from
CAD/CAM then the calculations might be different.

[1] If I was running a Plasma or laser I would use SheetCAM, but it
isn't even trying to compete with Fusion at 3D and multi-axis.

--
atp
lunatics."