On Wed, 27 May 2020, N wrote:

Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:18:16 +0200
From: N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] FERROR MIN_FERROR value?

On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 19:45, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

I just tried an experiment.  Since there are no pid's in that sheldon
setup, I commented out the *ERROR entries in the .ini file. Interesting
as it made zero difference in how it ran.

That probably means that the default values are large.

You don't need PID to measure f-error. It is the difference between
motor-pos-cmd and motor-pos-fb for each axis.
(Just that, and nothing more)

But as I understand he made the test without feedback of measured value ...

For joints (or axis on 2.7), theres always feedback and LinuxCNC always checks for following errors.

The following error settings make no difference in motion except that you will get a fault and motion will be stopped if they are exceeded.

If you dont set the following error or minimum following error they default to 1.0 so are effectively disabled.

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics