On Wednesday 27 May 2020 11:38:05 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 2020, N wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:18:16 +0200
> > From: N <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com>
> > To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
> > <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] FERROR
> > MIN_FERROR value?

> >> That probably means that the default values are large.
> >>
> >> You don't need PID to measure f-error. It is the difference between
> >> motor-pos-cmd and motor-pos-fb for each axis.
> >> (Just that, and nothing more)
> >
> > But as I understand he made the test without feedback of measured
> > value ...
>
> For joints (or axis on 2.7), theres always feedback and LinuxCNC
> always checks for following errors.
>
> The following error settings make no difference in motion except that
> you will get a fault and motion will be stopped if they are exceeded.
>
> If you dont set the following error or minimum following error they
> default to 1.0 so are effectively disabled.

Which is why one should make a sub2 and scope the output while abusing
the machine.

I've not done that, as other more pressing issues with lack of doctors
and prescriptions are makeing me go buy a smart fone, then learn how to
use it so we can do teleconferencing with the doc that will renew the
prescriptions.  So I've bought a Galaxy A10e and its charging now. Wish
me luck if you've any to spare.

Thanks Peter.

> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics