On 07/22/2020 08:51 PM, Matthew Herd wrote:

Upon testing, I found that rigid tapping worked as intended,

Excellent. Glad Robert Ellenberg is watching here, as most of us had no idea the trajectory planner had this behavior.

I love rigid tapping, and have made two fixture plates with a 1" grid of 10-32 holes. Also, my PWM servo amps have 12 or 14 4-40 tapped holes in each mounting plate. I also did some brackets for circuit boards that have a bunch of 2-56 holes. Those make me bit my lip just a little.

The neatest thing is combo drill-taps, they have a twist drill front end and a tap further back. You drill through sheet material at a low feedrate, then back up a bit and do G33.1 to tap
the hole, all with one tool.

Jon