On 2/5/24 18:26, John Dammeyer wrote:
Thanks everyone.  On the Unimat list there were a number of people really
pushing the idea that Z+ was towards the chuck and it just didn't make sense.
And as we all know, nowadays once can find an internet source that supports
almost anything.

Now if only the wand with the partridge feather core would arrive.  I'm sure
the site selling it was not a con job.

That bit of humor John, reminds me a a msg I got from Ray Henry a day or so ago. Said he wished he had known that a snow blower purchase was good at warding off snow he would have bought one 20 years ago. He is in the UP and has only had 1, 2" snowfall since buying a blower....

I'm in WV and had 16" on the front deck about 2 weeks ago. Long gone now of course.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: andrew beck [mailto:andrewbeck0...@gmail.com]
Sent: February 5, 2024 3:05 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Axis direction

Same here every machine I have used (12 years CNC machining).  negative z
is always towards the chuck.

Or on a mill brings the tool down to table. Or table up towards tool

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024, 09:23 Sam Sokolik, <samco...@gmail.com> wrote:

Even the k&t with a discrete component 60's control had smaller numbers
towards the spindle...

On Mon, Feb 5, 2024, 1:36�PM <marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk>