On 09/14/2016 07:37 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 12/09/16 19:01, Cedric BAIL wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Stefan Schmidt <ste...@osg.samsung.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Please correct me if I did not get you two correctly here.
>>>
>>> You both think we should release 1.19 only once the interface work is
>>> fully done? Be it in 3 months or in a year?
>>
>> I hope that we will be done by November.
>

> Hope dies last. :)
>
> More seriously. I have a hard time seeing that interfaces is fully done
> in November when we still argue promises (as a very basic part) again.
>
> The feedback I got so far is: make it a feature based release and only
> release it when interfaces as a showstopper bug is done.
>
> I have my doubts this will fly, but if nobody else thinks this idea will
> not work I stash my concerns and will see how I call help processing
> this release. Just never ask me when this release will happen or point
> out that distro or product schedules might need it done before XX :)

As long as its sometime before September 2017 it works for my distro :-P
mind you the current definition of a LTS release is one that works for
my distro.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                            Adeliade Australia, UTC+9:30