From: Enterprise [mailto:enterprise-boun...@mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Timo
Pietilä
Sent: mercredi 21 septembre 2016 12:43
To: Sylvestre Ledru; Jaroslav Uher; Enterprise@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] Server delivers old versions

On 21.9.2016 12:13, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:

> Le 21/09/2016 à 11:09, Jaroslav Uher a écrit :
>> I agree with disabling.
>>
>> @Sylvestre
>> btw it is improperly implemented feature, I am on win XP SP2, which
>> is supported for Firefox 45 line. Users like me are not able to
>> simply found and install latest esr release.
> If I remember correctly, we propose this version because sha-1 is
> deprecated and 45 cannot be installed directly.
> The idea is to give you 38 and you will be updated to 45.
>
> If the 45 binary works out of the box on XP SP2, we can have the
> discussion on disabling that (don't hesitate to report a bug about that).

Point is that it doesn't matter if binary works directly on XP SP2. You are
downloading a ESR which is intended for corporations and for distribution to
large amount of computers.

I could be downloading windows binary with Linux and that wouldn't work for
sure. Or I could use my android phone with google drive for windows binary.
That check in that page is just pointless.

(added Enterprise@mozilla.org for discussion).

Timo Pietilä