2011/1/10 thaddee yann tyl <[email protected]>:
> I see no reason to name the "floordiv" trap that way. Python has a

Agreed.

On a slightly more high level note it seems like there is a very large
number of complex proposals being poured into Harmony.  If they are
all implemented the language will become unwieldy and complex both for
users and implementers.  Is there a sense in which we have a
'complexity budget' or does the committee feel we can add all
proposals to the language?

On the concrete proposal I note that the strawman claims this can be
used to implement bignums, but it seems to me there is no way to
implement storage of arbitrary size so that would appear to be
impossible.  Am I missing something.

Another question:  As I read the proposal, the dispatch is on the left
hand side of binary operators.  Does the proposal have a way for a+b
to work where a is an old-fashioned number and b is a complex?

-- 
Erik Corry
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to