2011/1/19 Cormac Flanagan <[email protected]>:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:12 AM, Erik Corry <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On the concrete proposal I note that the strawman claims this can be
>> used to implement bignums, but it seems to me there is no way to
>> implement storage of arbitrary size so that would appear to be
>> impossible.  Am I missing something.
>
> The operator handler could, for example, contain an array of JS ints
> to represent a bignum.

Can different bignums have arrays of different sizes?

>> Another question:  As I read the proposal, the dispatch is on the left
>> hand side of binary operators.  Does the proposal have a way for a+b
>> to work where a is an old-fashioned number and b is a complex?
>
> Yes. In this case where a is an old-fashioned number and b is a complex,
> the radd trap of b is invoked, passing argument a.  I've updated the strawman
> to clarify.

How about if the left hand side is a complex number and the right hand
side is a decimal fp number?

-- 
Erik Corry
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to