He shouldn't have to have a cable or dsl line. All this unit is is a router. You can
hook a router into an existing network. All it does is
direct traffic from one sub-domain (192.162.1.*) to another (the U of O netowrk or the
@ home network, or......).  Infact I have set on of
these Cable/DSL routers up on my companies lan, just to test it out and set it up.
They work grrrrreat.

Garl

Cory Petkovsek wrote:

> This is a good unit, but won't work for the UofO connection, unless they provide him
>with a cable or dsl or similar BroadBand connection.
>
> How did you get hooked up siphoning bandwidth from UofO?
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 05:18:48PM -0800, Garl R Grigsby wrote:

Garl R. Grigsby
Customer Applications Engineering - Analysis Team
Structural Dynamics Research Corporation      Phone: (800)242-7372
TAO Americas Support Center                   FAX: (541)342-8277
1750 Willow Creek Circle                      Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Eugene, OR 97402                              Internet:  http://www.sdrc.com
-FEA makes a good engineer great, and a poor engineer dangerous-
PGP ID: 0xF2D845E7
PGP Fingerprint: 9C40 CB5E 1C51 CF58 E3F9  3F2C 8F1F F3EF F2D8 45E7