On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 02:21:52PM -0800, Dexter Graphic wrote:
> Does anyone have experience running an HP DeskJet off
> a network printserver device from a Linux workstation?
>
> I'm wondering if it works and how well. What brand of
> print server would you recommend? Does it need to be
> an HP model to work with the DeskJet?
>
> My objective is to be able to print from any computer
> on my home network. Right now the printer is attached
> to my Windows machine.

If you've got Win00 or XP on the wintendo, you can do it easily off a
Linux box from CUPS and print from the Win32 machine with no additional
drivers.  I have to leave in just two hours for Salem, so I can't describe
the details until tomorrow evening, but I've got it working here.

--
Joseph Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       Don't feed the sigs

<knghtbrd> Spider: lisp isn't too hard to figure out.  It's a PITA until
           you understand how it works
<knghtbrd> Spider: then you fall back on your C background and decide any
           lisp programmer who ends code blocks with ))))))))))) on one
           line needs to be shot.
<knghtbrd> Then you have a mental breakdown, go have lunch with Eric
           Raymond, and buy a gun ....