On Aug 28, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Bill Dube via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Today, we did 241 mph with a 239 mph back-up run in the opposite direction.
> (Official record will be ~240 mph.)

Um...on a slightly selfish note...any chance you can provide enough information
on your battery that somebody else can build one inspired by it?

I have no intention nor desire to go anywhere near that fast on two, three,
four, or dozens of wheels. But I'm still in the planning phases of a PHEV
conversion for a 1964 1/2 Mustang, and I'll be looking for something that can
do peak discharges of 1000 A @ 144 V but only need 10 - 15 kWh total capacity.
I'm guessing that's going to resemble your battery more than the one in a
typical BEV. I know it can be done with about four dozen 100 Ah 10 C CALB
batteries, but I'd like to consider whatever's possible with A123 as well.

Thanks!

b&