Actually, I have thought that battery swapping might make sense if you
simply lease the use of a battery, rather than own it.  As long as the
batteries owned by a company remain within spec, say 90%, then it does not
matter what battery you have.  You simply can forget about the battery, and
on those occasions where you need 2 minute full recharge, you can have it.
This would be particularity useful for long haul truck that can't afford 30
minute stops every 100 miles

Larry Gales