Don't forget.  What you get from the solar panels is gravy.  You battery pack
is the reservoir.  Stella which is very efficient can go 40 mph on just the
solar array under perfect conditions.  You take what you can get and if it's
not enough just use J1772.  You will be driving under all conditions.  If I was
really far thinking I'd throw up a sail, add pedals or find a way to tap
geothermal....that said I am using the easiest way to collect....but a
stationary wind energy collector has been done and in some areas much better
than solar.  Lawrence Rhodes