On Mar 30, 2015, at 3:06 PM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> But overall, the amount of power you can get from the sun in a normal-sized
> is very limited. That pretty much forces you to concentrate on vehicle
> efficiency. Extremely light, with exceptionally good aerodynamics and very
> high efficiency components (tires, motor, controller, etc. At least, that's
> how the solar cars have all done it.

Exactly...and that means cutting edge high tech stuff that takes lots of money
and years of education and experience and, realistically, a sizable team of
top-notch people to pull off. Not a single guy who's asking the kinds of
questions Lawrence is.

>> For the car...well, ideal geometry for the panels is going to be a
>> flat top parallel to the ground, but that's a geometry bordering on
>> the pathological for aerodynamics.
>
> It works well for airplane wing, though. :-)

Yes...well...um...my point, exactly...? An airplane wing without an airplane is
a pretty good description of a crash investigation scene....

b&