being the devil's advocate...

This is clearly not great for the poor or the DIY'r, but the new car buyer
may have much better cars to choose from, I expect instead of 200K miles
being common, 100K was a great thing when I was young, I am sure with EVs
there will be an expectation of 300K and 400K life.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV <
ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> The mix-and-match that DC motor fans can do in their EVs is actually not
> all
> that common.  Even back in the 1990s, Solectria wouldn't sell an inverter
> or
> induction motor individually.  They'd only sell them as a set.
>
> I think Siemens was / is the same.  There are probably still hundreds of
> those Siemens motor spares meant for an early version of a Ford Ranger EV
> floating round, with no inverters to drive them (though I think some
> enterprising EV hobbyist eventually came up with a hack for that).
>
> But at least you can still have your choice of other EV components - so
> far.
> I can see a time coming when ANY "unauthorized" change in an ICEV's
> drivetrain will cause the computer to permanently immobilize the car.
>
> David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
> EVDL Administrator

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>