Did any of you monitor the voltage of the most negative cell and the most
positive cell during the charging cycle and discharge cycle using a very high
charging system?

My first EV came with a on board 50 amp charger and a off board 100 amp 3 phase
charger.  These were SCR chargers which you could dial from 0 to 100 amp at 90
volt to 280 volt output with a AC input of 125/250 VAC.

Did not have any BMS back in the 70's at the time.  During the discharging
cycle which may be up to 800 motor amperes, the most positive cell would always
end up less voltage than the most positive cell.  This effect was also noted in
a article call the Electric Vehicle News which was cause by the flow of
electrons from the positive to the negative plates during discharge.

During the charge cycle, the most positive cell may end up with more voltage
then the most negative cell.  It was noted at the time, this effect was not to
get concern over.

This same charging and discharging voltage difference can be seen with the Li
Ion pack that's has BMS.  The difference is very slight which is only 0.01 volt
difference between the most negative and most positive.

My battery pack consist of six strings of 54 cells in series at 33 ah for 226
volts with the six strings in parallel.  Charging at 42 amperes with a 50 amp
/250 vac charger, each string only receives 42/6 = 7 ampere per string taking
the battery voltage only to 95% of the maximum rating of the cells.

Driving only 10 miles, and charging at this rate, the voltage is reach in with
30 seconds.  The voltage is then held until the ampere hour reaches 100% SOC
which may take about 40 minutes.

Using these superchargers, what is the recommended maximum charge current that
can be use on one string of cells?

Roland