The normal verbiage used is average and you are correct (I think) in pointing
out that if a BEV is to be your only vehicle you might want to look at average
plus 2 standard deviations which would cover 95% of your travels and leave only
5% needing to use public transit or a rental vehicle.  In my case I have a
second vehicle and so use that for extended trips and can live with the average
plus 1 standard deviation as my range goals.

Lawrence