You can't just splice in extra nodes everywhere.  The wiring and circuit
protection has to accommodate the potential increased concurrent load.

Realistically, this applies to the entire grid.  You cannot suddenly power
a significant amount of our transportation with the existing grie.  The
ampacity is not there.  Add in too much and it all melts down.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Ben Goren via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> On May 14, 2015, at 9:36 AM, Peri Hartman via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
>
> > My guess: I think the demand for roadside charging will be fairly high
> as (another guess) 30%-50% of the residences will not have access to
> domestic charging - because they are in a multistory dwelling with few (or
> no) off street parking spaces.
>
> Pretty much every parking space is within shouting distance of a
> lightbulb, and it wouldn't take all that much to splice in 110V / 15A
> circuits to all those spaces. We hear more and more news stories about
> apartments providing plugs in the parking stalls, street meters doubling as
> charging points, and so on. I bet that's the standard we'll see: just as
> you expect a light switch at shoulder hight just inside every door on the
> same side as the knob, you'll expect an outlet at every parking spot.
>
> b&

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>

*Warren Buffet*