> I think the main point of the article is that most families
> that can't afford (or can't have for other reasons) two cars
> will continue to chose an ICE car over an EV.

So BIG deal!  Less than 1/3rd of Americans only have access to one car.  So
why can't these 30% get out of the way of the 70% solution which works
perfectly for the other 70%.

> You can agree or disagree but until there are more EVs
> that are "affordable" and can go 200+ miles on a charge,
> he's claiming "it's the battery, stupid".

The car that can go 200 miles on a charge will forever be FAR LESS
AFFORDABLE than the one that can go 80 miles daily and satisfy 80% of all
drivers needs.  Most of that 80% DON'T WANT a 200 mile range if it is going
to cost them nearly DOUBLE the car price.

His claim about "stupid"... should be  "Its education and understanding,
stupid"...

This is the same lethargy of those clueless individuals who are still
"waiting for higher efficiency" solar panels, when TODAY's panels cost less
than a common window!  And 83% of the cost of a solar system is the labor.
They will be waiting forever...  Wheras the  existing systems can cut one's
energy costs in HALF if they simply buy now.  And every year they wait, they
are losing a YEAR of free electricity for life...

Rant off...

Bob, WB4APR