That is my experience too Peri, most people haven't thought much about it.
They have very little awareness of evs, and the general perception is they
cost more, take a long time to refuel, have less places to refuel, and don't
go far enough to be useful except for in town.  All pretty much true I think
at this point for evs that cost less than $50k.  You have to be willing to
adapt, and most people are not, plus they tend to exaggerate some of those
points.  For example when I say my car has about 75 mile range, then tell
them I can drive to ____ which is about 30 miles away and back without
charging they are surprised, indicating they haven't thought much about
distances either.  The Volt solves some of those issues but there is still
higher cost and the need to install an EVSE.  Plus today with instant
everything, putting up with inconvenience is sooo yesterday.