Does anyone know how EPA estimates miles per kWh?  I am familiar with their
standard test cycle conditions.  Do they just quote the miles per unit
energy based on what they use during that test?  I ask because if I use the
D.O.E. conversion of 33.7 kWh per gallon of gas my car has averaged about
170 MPGe over the last 5 1/2 years (excluding charger losses).  That is much
higher than EPA figures for any EV.  I would expect my car to be similar to
a Mitsubishi i since they are similar weight and size, so wonder if the
difference is due to difference in the test cycle and my typical driving
cycle or if they use some method for the estimate other than the 33.7
kWh/gallon.  Their test cycle has a lot of accelerations/decelerations
compared to time spent driving at constant speed compared to my typical
cycle, which I expect would reduce the miles per unit energy for their cycle
compared to mine, but mine seems more typical for the U.S. unless you drive
in heavy traffic in a city most of the time.  Has anyone used the 33.7
conversion to estimate MPGe for their Leaf or i?